Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Friday, September 10, 2010

My Friend Leslie :)

Leslie,

I met you, but didn't like you.
I hung out with you, but stayed weary.
I started to care for you, and the wall broke down.
Now your my best friend, and that makes me teary :)

It's kinda fruity and lame, but I am not good at poetry... Either way, it shows the steps we went through in our friendship at a glance. Because Leslie is such a huge part of my life, even with an ocean between us, I am writing about her tonight!

Before we even met, I had heard rumors about her. Though I am not one to really judge anyone, I found myself not liking her just based on what I was hearing. So, when we met, I automatically had a wall up. The more we talked and hung out, the more I realized how idiotic those people were for saying the things they said, she was NOTHING like what I'd heard.

I'm not exactly sure when or how, but she has become one of my best friends in the world! We were pregnant together, and 4 weeks apart our children were born. She was a HUGE resource for me since she'd had her 2nd child and I only had my 1st. She was the person I called for advice and helped me through all the crazy times I had being a new mom.

Then, we had a fight. Yes, a BIG fight. We are both extremely head strong, defensive people and unfortunately that got the best of us both. I don't even know how long we went without talking, but I do know that we both found ourselves back together, and stronger than before.

She was the person who, when I was in labor and swore I wasn't, made me go to the hospital. Had she not made me go, I probably would have had my son on her living room floor. She stayed with me and was there when I had my 2nd baby, and still she was the person who got me through all the crazy stuff.

We've had our ups and downs, but I think its because we are more like sisters than friends. Sisters fight, but they still love each other no matter what, and thats how we are. We will tell anyone, our friendship has issues, but we take comfort in knowing that even with the issues, we have each others backs and will always be there for one another.

I can't wait until the day we see each other again, though a massive amount of tissues and eye drops may be required :) She is my best friend, and the person who, even with the ocean separating us, keeps me sane when things are crazy!

I LOVE YA GIRL!!!

1 comment:

  1. Tiff, our friendship goes beyond lengths of explaining or understanding. We are the "odd couple" that just seem to fit. You are an amazing wife, mother, and you have an amazing heart and nothing but love to give. Just reading this, I can feel your arms around me.. wrapped up in a much needed Tiff hug. I remember the day I said good bye to you, when you guys left for Germany. Breaks my heart just thinking about it, but thinking about the day we say hello again is weighing much heavier in my mind and heart and keeping me going.

    Here's to unplanned labors, unplanned fights, unplanned reconciliations, and unplanned friendships. Here's to the hearts that dear friends share, and to the love, laughter, and tears that come with this amazing relationship I have with you.

    Missing you like crazy, waiting for the day we say hello. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!