Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Grades

I have received my grades now for week 1 of class! I was a little disappointed, but I know where I need to improve. I have an A, so I am happy for that! As long as I can keep it an A, I will be quite pleased!

Because it's all online, we do discussions in a forum board style. Depending on the week, we have anywhere from 1-3 different discussions, and must participate to get credit. We make 1 initial post, our main assignment, then have to respond to 2 or 3 of our classmates. For an initial post, its required to have 100-150 word minimum. For responses, its a 75-100 word minimum.

Where my grade took a hit was the responses. Even though I had the required number of minimum word responses, because the rest of my responses lacked length, my grade suffered. I wasn't expecting it to affect my grade, especially since the other postings were already above and beyond the required amount, but apparently it did.

Now, I know if I am going to respond, even if its my 7th or 8th response, I need to make sure it meets the length requirements. I don't need to have a 100 in the class, but I'd like to get as close to that as possible. Guess I will be taking advantage of the word count feature a lot more now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!