Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

School so far!

It's technically only day 2 of college classes, but I feel pretty good about this first class. We are learning about how different learning techniques are used, and figuring out our own learning styles.

A lot of what we are writing about is based on experiences, so there isn't any research or anything involved. I know once I start getting into the core classes, it will become more involved with research and a lot more writing. Though, for a start, I feel I am off to a pretty good one!

It seems like most of the people in my class have been out of school for years, so I am having a hard time understanding their work. I know that my writing skills aren't perfect, but it can be difficult when you are trying to read stuff that isn't written in the same format or style I would write.

I guess this is all a learning experience and I should take full advantage of it by putting in my full effort. I was told that doing too much could cause my instructors to expect more of me, and I feel they should. I haven't been out of school that long, so I remember the basics and feel that I should put what I know to use. Why should I slack on my work when I know I am better than that?

There are going to be times I don't do great, and times I will excel. I just want to be confident that even the times I don't well that I gave it my best and learn from whatever mistakes I made. It's better to fail doing your best than to fail for lack of effort.

It's now time to start working on my next writing assignment, then some reading about Celebrate Recovery, a religious based recovery program that I have decided to become part of. Be sure to check for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!