Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Going on a Date!

Today has been all about cleaning up and getting ready for a date with the husband! I've got so much cleaning to do, and have to get it all done by next weekend so that I can leave knowing my house isn't a disaster! Plus, hubby and I get to have a date tonight and I'd like to come home to a clean house later!

My husband and I don't get out alone too often. There are so many worries about people watching our kids and what not, so most times we just do something we can take them to with us. It does make it hard because it is always about the kids and what they want. Tonight, though, is all about us and what we want!

I really don't mind that we take the kids with us most of the time, we are a family and that's what happens when you have kids. But it is nice when we can go out and be able to focus on each other and have that time for just us. Plus, I am leaving in a little over a week and will be gone for a few weeks, so it will be nice to get some time before I go.

I think in the whole 4 1/2 years we have been married, we've had a whole couple of weeks to ourselves. We either had roommates or children. So, we never really had that time to focus on each other and be a couple, alone together. I thinking dating is such an important aspect of continuing to fall in love with each other, and I am glad we, even though its not often, get the chance to date each other. Maybe when we are back in the states and have family or closer friends near us, we can do it more often.

Until then, I will take advantage of every chance I get to have a date. I put so much time and effort into being a mother that sometimes I slack in efforts of being a wife. My husband needs and deserves more of me, and I hope tonight will allow me to put all of my efforts into being a wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!