Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Good people in the world

Being from Florida, I had never dealt with snow before. Last winter was my first experience, though I limited that experience. I refused to drive in it, even if it was good driving conditions, unless I absolutely had no other choice. Which, most of the time, I had a choice and chose not to. I do love to look at it, but hate the thought of shoveling it. Luckily Filip can do all that, but if I had to, I'd probably have some really pissed off neighbors.

This year I decided to be a little more open. I wasn't going to let myself be stranded at home simply because there was some snow and slush on the ground. So, of course, the day I decide to venture out with the kids is the day my car wants to be retarded again. Filip has done so much trying to get it fixed for me, but nothing he does seems to make any difference. It's just getting worse and worse, this time dying on my in traffic and not starting back up.

I was at a light, a very busy light, about to turn left onto a main street through our town. Just before it turned green, the car sputtered and died. Before, when it used to do that, I had enough time to rev the engine a little so that it wouldn't die out on me, but this time it was so quick I didn't have the time to do that. I tried turning it on at least 10 times, and finally, it did as long as I was holding the gas pedal. But the moment I let go of the gas, it died, not letting me get it anywhere.

So, there I am, holding up traffic, surely with some angry people in a hurry. Thankfully, a random person decided to pull over and ask if I needed any help. I agreed that I did, because what am I really going to be able to do with 2 kids in a broke down car in the middle of the road? He gave me a push so that I could park the car. He then offered us a ride home.

Now, I am the person who is truly paranoid of everyone and their intentions. So, at first I was extremely nervous that he would just randomly offer me a ride, but then I realized that Filip was in a class today and the chances of reaching him were slim to none. So, instead of waiting there, in the cold with the boys, I took him up on his offer to take us home.

I was extremely nervous the whole time, praying that he wasn't a crazy person wanting to take us and harm us, and thankfully, he wasn't. He was truly a nice person, doing a nice thing for someone in need. I actually feel bad now for being so paranoid, but I just couldn't help that. It's given me a new look on people, and hopefully will help remind me that there really are still good people in the world. Being paranoid won't go away over night, but having encounters like that will help me not be so quick to jump to bad thoughts of others.

I would say, even with the car breaking down, today was a pretty awesome day! I got over my fears of driving in the snow, had a nice day out with my boys and was shown by a complete stranger that there are still people out there who are just nice and helpful. I appreciate him, I am sure my kids would if they understood, and I am sure Filip does too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!