Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Friday, December 3, 2010

All sorts of things

What a week this has been. We just got home Tuesday, though it feels like we have been here for weeks. We've been so busy, trying to get so much done. Christmas shopping, reorganizing, etc. With Christmas right around the corner, we have so much to do.

I think, except for the stockings, we are pretty much done shopping for the kids. They aren't getting many things this year, but what they are getting are bigger items that I am sure will make up for lack of quantity. I am super excited for them to see what they get!!! I know their faces are going to light up when the open their gifts!

The nice thing, no matter what we are doing for them, my family is also sending stuff for them! So, even though they aren't getting a whole lot of stuff to open from us, and Santa, they will have more from grandma, grampy Bill (my mom's b/f), granny (mom's b/f's mom) and aunt Shannon! And if it's anything like last year, they will get more than enough!

I really do love the holidays! Christmas for me has become a whole lot more meaningful since having children, but even more so this year! With Christ in my life, there really is a whole new meaning to Christmas! I am glad to be able to share that with my children this year! I hope they grow up knowing Christ, and living with him in their lives!

I have yet to make my beef stew. With all our running around, I just haven't had enough time. Though, tomorrow, no matter what, I am getting it done! I have talked about it so much, and wanted it so badly, that I am not leaving the house tomorrow until after I have it at least cooking! Although, I don't think we are doing anything tomorrow that requires us to leave. I want to get the Christmas tree up, hang some lights and just have a quiet day at home with my awesome little family!

We went to Filip's work holiday party! They had some raffles, and normally we NEVER win anything. We went expecting the same to happen this year, and guess what?? We won $300 towards a trip booked with RTT!!! (For those who don't know what RTT is, it's the base travel office here!) How awesome is that??? I haven't quite decided what to use it for, but there are a couple ideas!

We may have some friends coming to see us Sept/Oct time and we'd love to be able to take them to Paris. That's a good idea for the money, and this way we can treat them without breaking the bank doing it! The other idea I have is for our Anniversary! It just seems like it would take a weeks trip to get the most out of it. So, we are going to be discussing it some and see how we want to use it. Either way, I know I am excited because this basically means we are guaranteed to go somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!