Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

The little things

As we roll into Thanksgiving morning, I am even more thinking of the things I am thankful for in my life. God and great family and friends are at the top of the list, but there are so many things I am glad I have. The little things, that we do take for granted, are sometimes the most important things.

Food, water, trees, mountains, grass and other things that we see everywhere are just some of the things I am appreciating today. The beauty that surrounds me is just to hard to ignore. How come I haven't taken the time to truly appreciate these things before? Probably because I was so wrapped up in myself and never just took the time to notice them. Well, the last week or so, I have taken the time to notice and have a new appreciation for them.

Sunshine is something else I once took for granted. I used to be annoyed by the bright sun, and heat that radiated from it. Now, ever since living in Germany, I enjoy the sunshine whenever I get it. Yes, Germany does have sunshine, but during the winter it's a lot more scarce that in other areas I have lived.

Today was a chilly day, but when the sun was shining, it was a beautiful day. I soaked it up as much as I could, in between 10 kids, cooking and not feeling well. I know when I get back to Germany, I may not get to see much of it until the Spring, so soaking it up here while I can.

Toys. Yes, I am thankful for toys. Having a house filled with 10 children, ranging from 1-16, toys have been a huge factor in keeping our sanity. Along with the older children, the little ones were completely occupied and never was there a dull moment for anyone.

Laughter and tears. I am thankful for both, as emotion is a way of communication. I love hearing my children laugh, making the day even brighter and warmer no matter if the sun is shining or not. Hearing them cry isn't something I necessarily like, but it's a way that I am made aware when something is wrong. I am very thankful that they can express frustration, fear, pain or anger by crying.

I could keep going, but I am extremely tired and have an early morning. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!