Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Getting ready

Now that Thanksgiving is over, we are trying to prepare for Christmas. Well, as much as we can without being at home. It's going to come quick, so having a good plan for what needs to get done when we do get home is what I really need to work on. The earliest flight they have is Monday, so we probably won't be home until Tuesday at the earliest.

The Christmas tree will be the first thing, after we get settled back in. I will be getting some things so that the kids and I can make some decorations for their half of tree. I will also hang up some lights around our living room windows, like we did last year. Nothing fancy, but enough to make it festive for the kids.

I also have to finish up my shopping. I am so horrible, every year I wait until the last minute to do that. I actually did better this year and have some things ordered already, but need to get the smaller things when we are at home.

I am super excited for this Christmas with the kids. Not only because of the things we are surprising the kids with, but because this will be the first Christmas that we really focus on the true meaning of Christmas and share that with our children. I think sharing that with them, and bringing Christ into our lives will make this holiday so much more than it ever has been!

I am ready to get home, back to my own space. I have enjoyed getting to see all our family and friends, but it's time to get back to our real lives now. Hopefully all goes smoothly and we get on the flight Monday! I probably won't write again until after we get home, but I will get back on here first chance I get! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!