Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Two years, too special!

Two years ago today, we welcomed one very special little boy into our lives.  Jorden has been through a lot in his short life, though we are blessed to experience life with him in it!  I am very proud to be his mommy and I look forward to seeing the man he becomes!  For now, I like to remember the day he entered into our lives!

I was 39 weeks pregnant.  For weeks I had been having contractions on and off.  I had finally come to the conclusion that I was going to be pregnant forever, lol.  After having 2 babies late, and then the number of times I had hoped it was finally happening and it was nothing, I just gave up hope that he would come before his due date.  Little did I know that my body had other plans.

I decided that I wanted to hit up the Bazaar on the base with a good frined.  There were a few things I wanted to get and what better place and time than the bazaar!  Anyone who has lived in Germany and attended one knows, they are large and lots of cool stuff.  And, of course, the food.  I wanted funnel cakes.

We walked around for a good couple of hours.  It was a nice cool day and I was enjoying being outside.  The funnel cake was pretty amazing too.  After eating a delicious baked potato, we decided to go find the bubble guns all the kids were walking around with for our kids.  Well, first, I had to pee.  We walked to the far end of the bazaar, to the second hangar, and I used the bathroom in the back.

I remember that I just happened to look in the toilet and thought that my pee looked different.  I didn't think twice, though, and went on about business.  As soon as I walked out of the trailer, I had to go again.  So, I turn around and felt myself pee a little.  "GREAT", I thought, "I just peed on myself.  I just love being pregnant".  It had never happened, that much, before.  Well, I went again real fast and was on about my business again.  I walked back out and then it happened.  MORE PEE.

Oh man... I couldn't believe I was peeing on myself.  I felt disgusted and started back toward the bathroom.  This time, however, the pee didn't stop.  It just kept trickling out.  It was like 20 seconds before it clicked.  I wasn't peeing, my water broke.  When I turned back toward the hangar, I had the first big gush.

I had to go find Ashley and all the kids.  Thankfully they were still right up front.  I told her we had to go, that my water broke.  She hurried and got all the kids together and we headed back to the cars.  That walk from the second hangar all the way to the parking lot seemed to take FOREVER.  I was waiting for that first contraction to hit, but it never did.

Ashley took me to Fil and then took my van and the kids back to her house.  We headed to the hospital.  By the time we got up to the Labor and Delivery unit, I was sloshing in my jeans.  It was the grossest thing I had ever felt in my life.  It was in my shoes.  I was completely soaked from the waste down.  I was just ready to get the pants off.

Now.  Any woman who has had a baby in a military hospital knows that they want to "verify" that it is actually that the water broke and not just pee.  Thankfull y they seemed to believe us.  We were quickly in a room and set up.

Hours went by and still no contractions.  After talking to the Dr, we decided to start pitocin.  It didn't take long for the very painful contractions to start coming.  I made it like 4 hours with zero progress before getting the epidural.  Within an hour of that, my progress picked up and it was time to push.

I honestly do not remember much of the pushing.  However, I remember very clearly the tiny, handsome baby that was handed to me.  He was so little, compared to his brothers, but he was perfect.  I was once again amazed at the beauty God created when he created babies.



Over these two years, since his birth, Jorden has had his skin and asthma issues, a seizure and has almost died.  His two years have been full of worry for us as his parents but full of love and smiles too!  I would never trade a single moment with him.

He is a crazy little boy, with almost no fear.  He isn't afraid to tell us how he feels and stands his ground.  He is tough and doesn't allow anyone to push him around, especially not his brothers.  He is active and is almost always going, going, going.  He is happy and makes everyone around him happy to be with him!  And he is amazingly loving!  He lights up the lives of almost everyone he meets and is a pure joy most of the time!  Even when he is sick, he makes everyone around him feel better!

He has been a blessing to us.  And even as we embark on the "terrible twos" I couldn't be more excited about the future we have with him!

Happy Birthday Jorden!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!