Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Good ideas aren't always good

So, my bright idea to move has been quite the stressful adventure. The moving itself was pretty relaxed, though we did no packing and no moving of things ourselves, other than the liquids and jewelry that they won't do. We had a pretty good experience with the move, but unpacking in a nightmare. So many boxes and so little space. I feel like we may end up living out of these boxes for months and it's only been a couple days.

We moved on Friday and by Friday night I had 75% of the kitchen unpacked and put away, about 50% of our bedroom, about 50% of the kids' room and all big furniture was set up and in place before we went to bed Friday night. I was quite pleased with how much we accomplished in just a few hours of being in our new home. Now, 4 days later, I feel like if I unpack 1 more box I am going to go insane.

Plus, the amazing landlord we had for 2 years turned into a total nitpick during out final inspection of the house. Now, we knew there were going to be some issues, but some turned into a lot. We got a little more than half our deposit back and have opened an insurance claim. Hopefully all will work out, but who knows. Hopefully we can get the insurance to cover it all so that we can get the rest of our deposit back.

One good thing that has come out of this is that we are getting me a new vehicle! Brand new! I am so excited! With a baby on the way and all that, a newer bigger vehicle is needed. We are getting a van and it had 48 miles on it during my test drive tonight! This will be the newest vehicle I've ever owned! I can't wait til it's mine!

Anywho... there's my update. Hoping to get back to blogging regularly soon! Just busy with unpacking and settling in! Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!