Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Military Spouse Appreciation Day!

In lieu of Military Spouse Appreciation Day, I want to dedicate this blog to the wonderful spouse's that pretty much give up their lives to serve their country by supporting the mission by supporting their spouses! Below, I have just copied and pasted some different things I have seen online in reference to military spouses. Please take the time to thank those you know, and pray for those you don't. We may have agreed to this lifestyle by marrying into it, or by standing behind our spouse's when they decided to go active duty, but don't let that cloud the fact that this lifestyle is a lot more difficult than most, if not ALL, others out there.


Here's to you, the one who waits, no matter the distance, no matter the time. Here's to you, the one who fights your own battle at home, between the tears and sleepless nights, the one who will never give up, even when everything around you seems to be falling down, and here's to you, because while people may think they know how tough it is to be a hero, no one but us will ever know how tough it is to love one.

Military love, the greatest love ever known or felt. The weight of this love we carry. Some women cannot grasp, while others would die trying. We love our men just like you do, but unlike you, with our love we have to endure separation, pain and yes, even death. This is why we love harder and stronger! I love being a Military wife!

Dear Lord,
Give me the greatness of heart to see the difference between duty and his love for me. Give me understanding that I may know, when duty calls him he must go. Give me a task to do each day, to fill the time when he's away. And Lord, when he's in a foreign land, keep him safe in your loving hand. And Lord, when duty is in the field, please protect him and be his shield. And Lord, when deployment is so long, please stay with me and keep me strong. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!