Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Paths and Guides

Going to church has been great for us! We are really starting to focus on what is important and every week we get a good reminder of the important aspects of life. Today's service was about sharing God's word with others. The question was asked if we remembered the name of the person who turned our lives around. Well, I do!

I know as a child the first person was our babysitter. She had taken us to church with her and I was very active with it! I was in the girls group and participated as much as possible. I went on retreats and everything. It was good for me.

I also had neighbors who went out of their way to make sure any child who wanted to go to church could. He drove a bus and picked up kids from all over our area and transported them. I wasn't AS active with that church as I had been the last, but it was still good for me. I got that time in and still had the reminder there for me twice a week.

All of the people involved in these churches (getting me there, teaching to me, just being there and everyone in between) played a large role in where I am now. My childhood could have been a whole lot different than it was but because of these God sent people, it wasn't.

Now, there is probably 1 name that I can attribute my new found faith to (God, of course, but the person who reached out and "touched" me). Jennifer. For years I had walked far from the path that God had planned for me and just as I was about to take another bad turn, she grabbed me and pulled me back! She reached out and spoke the words I needed to hear. I honestly believe that she doesn't think much of it, but her words (not at the time but now) meant more to me than most anything I've been told my entire life.

She reminded me that there is more to life than hiding and that when we really accept God's power, our lives can be better! And even when we happen to take a wrong turn on our paths, there is someone there to reach out and grab us! Whether it be a live person or the Spirit, someone is there to guide us to where we should be going.

I believe that because of Jennifer, I am back on the right path to where God wants me to be. I still have a long way to go, a lot to learn and many turns before I fulfill His ultimate plan for me, but at least I am back on the right path and heading in the right direction. Wrong turns are inevitable but with Him guiding me and the right people in my life, I am sure to be grabbed or quickly guided back to the right path!

Who touched your life in a big way? If it wasn't religious, who was the person who touched you in a such a way to guide you and your choices?

1 comment:

  1. Awww. I almost enjoy not being a christian all of my life but being one now. I have more insight to being outside the "bubble" and what life was like. I have the realization that God had me in his best interests and was still working on me even when I wasn't acknowledging him in the least. It's never too late, NEVER!!!

    ReplyDelete

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!