Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Different Dinners, One Table

For dinner I had fajitas, Filip had his fajita quesadillas, Darien had a corn dog and Adrien had pizza. Very different meals but we were all eating at the same table at the same time. Well, something else that I realized while having dinner last night was that while no one is eating the same meal, that shouldn't keep us from sharing one table.

Have you ever really sat and looked at all the people in your life? How many of them are exactly the same as the others? None, right!? We can apply the different meals sharing one table to the people in our lives. Even with our differences, we can come together as friends, and even as family!

What I mean is we are all human. We may not lead the same lives or make the same choices or even share the same opinions but we should love each other. God doesn't tell us that because we don't believe a certain way that he doesn't love us, He loves us no matter what we believe. Why can't we all have that same love for everyone around us?

Everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect. Our place isn't judging those around us, our place is to love and accept them. We don't have to make them part of the family and be their friends, we just need to show love and acceptance. When we judge or degrade others because their beliefs are different, we are sinning against God.

It's even said that opinions are just that, an opinion. We don't have to agree, we just have to try to learn to accept the difference and move on. Calling people dumb or any other mean/degrading remark against another person, no matter the reason, is not our place. Would God call someone stupid or degrade them the way we do to each other? NO!!! So why do we continue to do this even when we call ourselves Christians?

The idea is to live life as close to the Godly way as we can. Not allowing people, with their differences, to share one table with us is wrong. We may be eating different meals, having different discussions, but we are all loved by God and should be loved by each other!

I am guilty of this myself. Judging people, making comments about them. I have really tried lately to make that one of my changes. In my last post I mentioned the thoughts I have that I pray right then for God to remove them, those are some of the thoughts I was talking about. When I see someone and automatically judge them based on appearance or how the speak, I pray for God to remove those thoughts and I then force myself to think of something nice about the person. Even if it's something as simple as they are wearing nice socks. Just something to veer away from the negative thoughts and not allowing myself to see that person in a negative way.

It's not easy to do and I am sure there are times I haven't caught myself and passed judgment or even laughed to myself about another person. I just want this to be something I continue to work on. I also want to teach my kids that judging people isn't right. They shouldn't look at a person and feel they have any right to do so. None of us do.

No matter how "Godly" we believe we are. No matter how moral we believe we are. No matter how another person acts, dresses or lives. NO MATTER WHAT! We don't have the right to judge, degrade or belittle others. Everyone will have their judgment day so lets learn to love each other and leave judgments up to the one person who has that authority, God!

2 comments:

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!