Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Monday, October 14, 2013

Sick and Unheard

It's very irritating when doctors don't listen to me, especially when something has been going on for a while.  And I am about to stop allowing the doctors to make so many calls that I don't agree with, especially after the last handful of times I've gotten sick.

When I was pregnant with Jorden, I got a pretty bad cold.  I was sick for weeks before a doctor finally decided it was a good time to put me on some antibiotics, which with just one dose, I felt a million times better.  But until that point, for WEEKS, I suffered.  And I know I was pretty far along with him, adding to the discomfort of it.

When we first PCS'd here, I got sick due to the climate/atmosphere changes.  It was about 3 1/2 weeks before they gave me any sort of medicine, and even then, it was just sudafed.  Finally, a week later, I was given antibiotics which cleared it right up.

Well, I have been sick now, going on three weeks.  Before this morning I had seen 2 separate doctors that said it was viral and to just let it run it's course.  I didn't agree completely but I just went with it anyway, especially after my last few times of dealing with being sick.  Well, then I call the on-call doctor and gave her all my symptoms: about 3 weeks of being sick, getting progressively worse, severe throat/neck pain, severe tiredness, and cough.  She asked about fevers, and when I told her I never run fevers, she said that it was just viral and there was nothing she could do for me.  That I could go to the ER if I wanted to (which I didn't) but that it would likely be a waste of time.  So... I didn't bother.

Well, after 2 more days of worsening symptoms, I finally had enough and went it.  My temp was 98.2, and I gave the doctor all the symptoms above.  He even scoffed at the doctor who thought to diagnose it viral without having ever seen me, with my symptoms, over the phone.  He said that it is strange that I wasn't running any fevers but that it was clear that it wasn't simply viral.  So, a doctor that is finally going to help me!

Well, I have strep.  I didn't have a fever, not even a slight one.  I was actually a bit below normal.  But I have strep.  What are those odds?  And why don't the doctors listen when I tell them that I NEVER run fevers.  When I run a fever then most likely I am on the verge of death, that's how rare it is. I am so ready to find doctors, that we can use for regular care, that listen to those details and take heed to them. 

I am glad, however, that I do finally have some medicine and am feeling better after just 1 dose!  It is nice to finally have relief from the pain that I had.  It was the worst kind of pain I've had in quite some time.  Hopefully by the end of the week we will all be done with the yuck and I can get back to life as normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!