Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Saying "See ya later"

Military life.  For those who live, or have lived it, that's all I have to say.  For those who don't live it, understanding is almost impossible.  The life has many benefits to it, though it also has some negatives about it.  The moving is a benefit and a negative at the same.  How is the moving both good and bad? Well, I will tell ya...

GOOD:  Get to experience living in different parts of the world you wouldn't otherwise experience.  Getting to meet all sorts of different people from all over.  Making friends you would have never met if you didn't move.  Just the overall experience of everything makes it a good thing.

BAD:  Saying bye to friends when it's time to move to the next place.  Uprooting children and changing the only life they've ever known.  Having to start all over in a place you've never been, don't know and don't have any friends.

So, while we get to have all these different experiences that are wonderful and amazing, starting over and leaving friends is the hardest part of it all.  Though, in the military, we never say "goodbye", we say "til we meet again" or "see ya later".  The military is too small of a world to say goodbye, we could always meet again!  And for some, I would MAKE it happen!

Germany has been quite the experience.  I have enjoyed the things we've been able to do and see here that I wouldn't have done on my own!  And I am thankful for the friends we have made.  However, the 4 years we've been here have been nothing but one headache after the other.  I would definitely come back to Germany, or Europe for that matter, to visit and travel, I just never want to live here again. But it is hard to say "see ya later" to people you've grown to love like family.  Especially when there is no telling when you will get to see them again. 

But, it's time for us to move on, get on to the next phase of our lives.  Start new memories in a new place with new friends!  And, for that reason, I am ecstatic!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for us at the new place! 

So, Germany and the friends I've made here, "until we meet again" and "see ya later"!!!  We will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!