Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Endings and Beginnings

Today is the last day of 2012.  Every year I have mixed emotions about the year ending a new one beginning, but not this year.  This year I am glad the year is ending and that a new year is beginning, and that we will begin that year with many changes!  Though, in order to really get past it all, let me reflect on the year and give some insight to what 2013 has in store!

The Bad:  In February my husband took off for his very first deployment.  I found out I was pregnant with a child I couldn't even remember conceiving, thus finding out that I had been assaulted (likely by someone we thought of as family).  The husband came home from his deployment early due to what happened to me and because I wasn't handling things well.  I spent a few months in a severe depression.  Had my first surgery, having my appendix removed.  Then, the pregnancy was difficult, having chronic placenta abruption, where the placenta separates too soon and spent a week in the hospital on strict bed rest and the rest of the pregnancy supposed to be on bed rest and worried the entire time that I could lose him (and myself) at any time if I wasn't careful.

I had to say bye to my best friend here :-(



The Good:  I had friends visit me!!!  and we took a couple trips!


Adrien started Preschool!

Darien started Kindergarten

Jonathen joined our family!

I now have 4 amazing little boys to love!

Jorden had his first steak, messy but so cute!

Though the year wasn't all bad, there was enough bad in it that I am glad it's coming to an end.  I am thankful for the good and bad that happened, I am just glad to move on from it and start with a new year and with the new beginnings we get!  Here's a look at what to expect from our new year!

We have quit smoking so we begin the year as non-smokers!  It's been almost 3 weeks for me and almost 4 for Filip!  I am so glad we finally decided to quit and we are already seeing the benefits of it! I am tasting things differently, my sense of smell is better and I am sure I smell better to other non-smokers.  I am only worried about the weight gain.

We PCS in March!!!  We are moving to Illinois, somewhere completely new to all of us!  A new adventure for our family with a new set of things to do and see! 

We get to visit with all of our family, some friends and enjoy time with them again!  I can't wait!

I suspect that 2013 is going to be an amazing year for us!  So many new adventures await us and I can't wait to share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!