Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Uncomfortable Prengnacy

Being pregnant means being uncomfortable.  I've done it three times before and aside from having my appendix removed, this pregnancy hasn't been all too different from the others.  Until last week, that is.

Thursday morning (at 30 weeks) I woke knowing I had a fairly full day ahead.  I had to get kids off to school, wanted to go see a friend who'd just had her baby that morning, get kids from school, homework for my class and the normal daily stuff for the mom of 3 boys.  Well, I woke up feeling like something was off, very uncomfortable, but I pushed through anyway.  I had things to do and pregnancy can be like that sometimes, so I dealt with it and pushed on.

I got the kids of to school and then got ready to go visit my friend.  I carried Jorden (who is now 25lbs) up to a friends apartment on the 4th floor.  Went for our visit and did all I had to do.  That evening I was really just feeling blah.  I knew I had done too much but I hoped going to bed early and resting would help.  So, I got my shower and got ready to head to bed.

After my shower, I was doing my nightly routine of drink, bathroom and getting everything together.  When I used the bathroom, I wiped away blood.  So, I called and let them know how I'd been feeling and about the spotting (what they call it).  Just because I had been feeling bad all day and everything, they wanted me to just go in and get checked out.  And now, I am beyond glad that I did.

When I got there they hooked me up to the monitors and I realized I was having contractions every 5-7 minutes.  Baby looked great but the contractions were a problem since I'd had some bleeding.  They did their exams to find that I was bleeding inside but they couldn't exactly figure where it was coming from.  So, they ran some tests to see if they would show anything.  Well, one of these tests (hope I explain this correctly) showed that my blood count was down in the area of clotting.  Which to them says that I had a bleed somewhere that wasn't fixing itself.  They did another test which showed my levels getting lower.  So, of course, this is a problem.

After preparing me for the possibility of a c-section, the NICU if he was born, getting meds started (steroids for his lungs and magnesium for his brain), I was admitted to the hospital over the weekend and on strict bed rest with only bathroom privileges.  I was able to go to the toilet and that was about it.  I even had to get special permission just to take a shower.  So, from Thursday night to Monday, I was stuck in a bed depending on everyone else to get things for me.  It was good and awful all at the same time.

I finally spoke the the Dr Monday morning during my 3rd NST for the weekend.  She made sure that I knew just how important bed rest was at this point and let me know all the risks.  Basically, if I bleed, AT ALL, again then I will be admitted to the hospital until he is born.  If it doesn't happen again or at least holds of to about 35 weeks or later, they would probably just go ahead and deliver him.  But it would really depend on the severity and how he is doing in there.  But before that, I am a prisoner of the hospital.  She also told me that if it were to get worse I risk the baby's life and my own because of bleeding out.  So, no chances will be taken.

I had to go to OB to make NST appointments for twice a week and a growth scan.  I will now go in twice weekly and the baby will be monitored for roughly 30 minutes to an hour.  I had the growth scan this morning and talked to the Dr that is in charge of all high risk patients.

They found the small part on my placenta that seems to be torn.  I wasn't large but it was visible.  It's one that could easily go either way, as in get better or worse, so he wants to keep a close watch on baby and me to ensure we get through as long as possible for a healthy birth! As long as all seems to be well with baby, then at 34 weeks we will discuss increasing my activity.  Around 36 weeks I will likely be taken off bed rest completely.  If I happen to still be pregnant at 39 weeks, I will be induced to ensure no further damage to the placenta. 

So, basically I know now that I will have a baby in 8 weeks or less since I am now 31 weeks.  I wish it wasn't under these conditions but I am glad they are taking this seriously and not just waiting to see how things go without some precautions in place.  We have a plan and everyone is on board.  Now, I just pray I can stay out of the hospital until it's time to have this little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!