Welcome!!!

Welcome to my blog. I try to be honest, a complete open book. I talk about things that many would hide. I feel God has called me to do so, to hopefully reach other people who need it!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Admit and Live in Light!

All around, I felt very spoken to today!  I love it when I feel God is very clearly sending a message, especially when it's a message I NEED to hear!

1 John 1:5-10 says:

Now this is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you: God is light, and there is absolutely no darkness in Him. If we say, “We have fellowship with Him,” yet we walk in darkness, we are lying and are not practicing the truth. But if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say, “We have no sin,” we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say, “We don’t have any sin,” we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.


I spent so much of my life living in the darkness.  Saying I believed but then doing nothing that proved that.  I allowed sin to control my life and tried to hide it, even though I wasn't very successful.  And, that's not to say I don't still sin.  I do.  But, I am much more aware of my sin now, and willing to admit it.  And these verses are so much part of what I believe now, and so very true!

I love that it was said that you can't live in the dark and the light at the same time, because you really can't.  You can't hide your sin, deny it, and be a faithful follower of Christ at the same time.  It just doesn't work that way.  But by bringing that sin into the light, exposing it, you are living in the light!

That is one reason I have felt very pulled to be so open and raw about my life.  I don't want to hide who I am, and I shouldn't.  I don't even want to hide my sin.  I want it exposed, I want others to see it, because I want others to help guide me back to Christ.  If I am hiding it, I am moving further and further from God, and that just doesn't work for me!

I have heard that I am too open, and sometimes I will admit I have been.  Though, I am learning!  I am starting to find who I should and shouldn't share with.  I am learning how much to share and with who.  I am learning who God is placed in my life as guides to help me in my journey closer to Him! 

And lately, I have worried that sharing has allowed for my faith to be called into question.  Or for others to think that because I still mess up that I can't possibly have the faith that I claim.  Today's message, however, reminds me that it's because of my sharing, and because I am able to admit I mess up (more often than I like to admit), shows my faith and how much I really do believe He forgives our sins!  I admit because He told me to!  I admit because my faith is in His word and His love and forgiveness!

I am a grateful believer in Jesus Christ who struggles with sin.  I am also a grateful believer that wants to live in the light, even if my sin shows, and gain His forgiveness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like to know what people have to say about my writing! Share your thoughts!